Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mexican Fútbol! :D

Hi everybody, as you can know and of course as you can see in my principal picture i really love soccer, actually Mexico is one of the most populations of soccer fans around the world, just for giving an example in the last world cup the black shirt of the Mexican team was the second most sold (only behind the Spain’s one).
Ok, now I want to update all of you about the Mexican soccer league… Right now there are 18 teams from different parts of the country; all teams have to play against each team making a total of 9 matches per week and it lasts around 17 byes.
PTS
                          TEAM                              PTS
 1

35
2

32
3

26
4

25
5

24
6

23
7

21
8

21
9

19
10

19
11

18
12

18
13

17
14

16
15

15
16

15
17

12
18

12

When it finishes the first 8 teams of the ranking classify to the quarters of final, then the winners go to the semi-final and to end the last two teams sort to the grand finale. So as we can see in the table of above CRUZ AZUL is the actual leader, if the tournament culminates right now, the playoffs would be like this: 
CRUZ AZUL (1st) vs Toluca (8th)
Monterrey (2nd) vs Jaguares (7th)
Santos (3th) vs Tigres (6th)
América (4th) vs San Luis (5th)
Sadly, the grand finale will be on 12th December and I will return to Mexico on 18th, so I can not watch it in Mexico.
If my favourite team keeps playing as well as it is doing it now, I am almost sure that my team will be the next championJ, but I don’t want to say anything because when I wish something too much, it never happens, so just let’s have hope!
GO CRUZ AZUL!! :D

1 comment: