Sunday, October 3, 2010

Quiero ver / I want to see

Hi everyone, as well I promised in the previous post that someday I will translate one of my favorite songs called “Quiero Ver”. Today I am going to accomplish it; in the next lines will be a little fragment of the whole lyric:
This is the beginning: “Quiero ver tu risa todo el día, escuchar la melodía de tu voz, quisiera ser el brillo de tus ojos, el peine que desnuda tu esplendor, la esquina que te ve cuando caminas…”
This is my translation: “I want to see your smile all day, listening to the melody of your voice; I would like to be the shine of your eyes, the comb which shows your splendor, the corner which sees you when you are walking...”
Honestly it’s very difficult to transform this part to English because besides there are difficult and complex words to translate, the meaning of the sentence is hard to maintain it. Even so I really like this song because it reminds me a beautiful part of my life, furthermore the context of the song is great because it is about when you already had a bad love and you want to start a new one with a different person, so it gives the exact words to say to that person. For example one fragment says that “I promise to give you my not repaired heart” personally, this phrase is more than ideal, since you show your complete safety of the feelings to that special girl (in my case).
J

No comments:

Post a Comment